Sunday, October 05, 2008

Going to Miss the Summer

It's been a great summer filled with lots of fun. We're definitely going to miss it, but we made the most of it. A few weeks ago, we took a trip to the East Coast with Celeste's parents to visit Celeste's sister's family (Heather and Julio). We had a wonderful time, although we only spent about a day with Heather and Julio. I actually arrived a day earlier, since I was out there on business as well. I was very excited to see my nephews, and it seems like Paul was excited to see me, too. He decided that we should sleep in the same room. Since I didn't really feel like blowing up the air mattress, I decided to sleep on the ground in his room. Of course, since I was going to sleep on the ground, he thought that must be the cool thing to do. So, he decided to sleep on the ground, too, which left his bed free. There's no use in leaving a bed empty, so I decided to sleep there instead. :) A pretty good trick if you ask me.

Wednesday, I worked until Celeste and her parents flew in. We had dinner at Chevy's (where, coincidentally, I had eaten a few months before during another business trip).

Thursday, I helped Julio install a new light fixture in their kitchen. Oh the joys of home-ownership... But it felt rewarding once we got everything in its place and working. Next, we went to the park to play. Julio, Celeste, and I played tennis and later joined everyone else to play on the toys. I forgot how much I enjoy tennis. It's great exercise and very fun. For dinner, we split assignments for a barbecue. The assignments for our fantastic meal were as follows: Julio - barbecued steak, Celeste - salad, me - twice-baked potatoes, and Doug - store-bought rolls. ;) It was a great meal. That night, we said our goodbyes since on Friday morning we left for NYC. A very short trip to visit our favorite nephews...


Matt with his nephews


Matt with his nephews again (I guess only one is allowed to look at the camera at a time)

No comments: