Sunday, May 31, 2009

Point Lobos

My sister, Deanna, and cousin, Scott, came to visit last week. We sure had a lot of fun doing tourist activities around the area. The first full day they were here, we went down to the Monterey area to Point Lobos. Point Lobos is described as one of the greatest meetings of land and water. It is such a wonderful place. There are tide pools, cypress trees, sea lions, birds, forests, and the list goes on. Hiking around (we clocked 5.25 miles for the day), it is almost like you visit many different national parks all in one place -- the park is just so diverse.

My favorite part of Point Lobos is the tide pools. There are star fish, crabs, anemones, and a host of other sea life that I don't know the names for. It reminds me of the days when I used to watch Sea Quest DSV on TV and dream about becoming a marine biologist. Next time we go to Point Lobos, I need to take a better camera because all I had was my phone. Deanna and Scott each had a camera. I need to bug them in order to get copies of some of the fun pictures of the tide pools. I did get some fun pictures of when we were resting and looking at the sea lions. They were swimming about twenty yards from where we sat on the rocks. So much fun to watch.

If you are ever in the area, Point Lobos is a must see. We'd be glad to show you around some of our favorite spots. Just remember to bring your hiking shoes. :)

No comments: