Saturday, March 07, 2009

Freshly Squeezed Juice

I used to not be a very picky eater. I would eat pretty much anything that was given to me without any complaint (with the exception of stuffing, which I am learning to like). But that has changed lately, at least in a few food groups. One thing I have become very picky of is freshly squeezed juice. Whenever I go to a restaurant, I usually order water to drink, mainly because I don't like all of the artificial sweeteners that are in juices. But in certain restaurants, I can't help but order their fresh juices. For example, I got fresh strawberry lemonade the other day at the Cheesecake Factory and it was terrific.

I think part of the reason that my taste buds prefer freshly squeezed juices is illustrated very well in this picture. We sliced ten oranges in half and then used our Bosch to juice all of them. The result was two completely full glasses of freshly squeezed orange juice (plus some that we saved for the next day). We've done this a couple times in the last few weeks (can you tell that we shop at Costco?). One of my favorite variations has been to juice a grapefruit into the orange juice. Very tasty, and very good at preventing sicknesses that has been going around.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Yummy! I have a juicer but when I put the peels through, it tastes chemically. Any solution?

Matt said...

The juicer we use doesn't put the peels through. It is specific for citrus fruits -- the juicer spins and you press the fruit on top then throw away the peel. Works like a charm, but probably a little more work than other juicers.

Matt and Michelle said...

I love how excited Celeste looks! I wish I were there to share with you guys!