Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Stake Play



We had a great time this weekend as the youth performed in our Stake Play entitled Wired -- basically a music/dance festival. The theme was based on different things that you might find on an iPod, such as music, movies, and pictures. Celeste and I choreographed a swing number to Sing Sing Sing and our four couples did a fantastic job. Just check out the above picture of the beginning "V" formation. We really challenged them with multiple lifts and some fancy footwork. I think there were ten different formations that the youth had to memorize. We also helped choreograph a part in Footloose and They Dance. Everything turned out even better than we expected. We'll post videos soon. The youth we worked with were so fantastic!

Overall, Stake Play was a wonderful experience. The Spirit was very strong as the kids expressed their talents, especially in the last part of the show that emphasized the importance of eternal families. We are grateful that our families can be together forever.



On a side note, as I look at the pictures that we took, it’s probably time that we got a new camera. I talked with one of the photographers from Stake Play (who took some amazing shots that I’ll give a link to when they are posted) about some of the photos that he took, and I remembered how much I enjoyed doing my photography class back in my senior year of high school. Maybe it’s about time I took up that hobby again...

2 comments:

Jenna said...

These kids look like they did an amazing job! Sounds like you both were the perfect leaders for them.

Sam Curren said...

Nice work! Jess and I are going to try some Swing for the ward talant show in a month or so.

Be careful with a camera purchase. While it is very nice, it quickly became an 'obsession' for us. :)

The thing to watch for is low light performance (sometimes called high ISO sensitivity). As long as the resolution is high enough (8-12 is perfectly fine) the thing to go for is low light shooting.