Saturday, March 14, 2009

Indian Curry Cuisine

This is a picture of an Indian curry dish that Celeste made this week. It gets ten points for taste plus extra credit for presentation (this is on a ten point scale of course). Celeste has really been getting good at finding new recipes. We are constantly trying new dishes that she finds online.

Of course, I try to contribute whenever I can. I made an 8-layer Chinese chicken salad this week. But I can't take credit for sprouting our own bean sprouts that became the eighth layer. Celeste sprouted those herself and I just washed them off before putting them in the salad. Below is a picture of the sprouts right before I pulled them out for washing. This used to be just a handful of dried mung beans but grew to fill the entire container. They were very tasty!

4 comments:

Jenna said...

Very fancy cooking - we have been using the desperate meals - hamburgers, hot dogs, pulled pork. I think it's definitely time to add some yummy variety to our diet again.

Jenna said...

Oh yeah - can I get a bean sprouting tutorial? I have never tried.

Matt and Michelle said...

mmmm. That indian stuff looks good! What's the recipe?

Matt said...

My wife looked online and found a pretty good tutorial on sprouting beans. She's become quite the detective in looking on the Internet.

Speaking of being a detective, the recipe is from Celeste's favorite website, AllRecipes.com. Here is a link to Curried Coconut Chicken.